Below is a list of projects underway by ICTCR researchers. This list will be updated as new projects are started.
- Dr. Cal Hisley (DMU), Dr. William Young (MMC) and Dr. Michel Jacoby (MMC) are engaged in a brain mapping effort that will create new methods for analyzing functional MRI images in various pathological as well as normal states.
- Dr. Jeff Gray (DMU) and Dr. Dan Gervich (MMC) are using advanced molecular techniques to understand the sources of contamination in needleless intravenous apparatus.
- Dr. Gray is also working with the Mercy Family Practice program in studying community acquisition of Methacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Dr. Bryan Larsen (DMU) and Surgery Resident Brian Folkers (MMC) are working on a project to seek probiotic approaches to the prevention of Clostridium dificille colitis among antibiotic-treated patients.
- Dr. David Strom (DMU) and Surgery Resident Molly James (MMC) are developing new techniques for delivering high molecular weight anti-cancer therapies across the blood-brain barrier for the treatment of metastatic lesions arising from breast cancer.
- Dr. Bryan Larsen (DMU) and Dr. Joseph Hwang (MMC) have joined in a major international study of the genetic variations that are related to premature birth and which may sensitize mothers to environmental risks during pregnancy.